Home Away from Home: Boarding for Your Tazewell County Pets
~ Pekin Family member, Sue
Pet Boarding Services
Our Philosophy: While you are on vacation, your pet is too!
Our facility is designed with your pet’s comfort and safety in mind. Our generously sized units feature:
- Partially heated floors, allowing your pet to choose their optimum temperature
- Raised beds for off-the-floor sleeping or relaxing
- Six-foot high solid panels for protection from direct contact with others
Small canine guests are comfortable in our laminated dog condos with a fleece blanket. Our feline guests enjoy the view from one of the upper shelves of our spacious kitty condos. We welcome a favorite toy to make our guests feel at home.
Individual attention is the hallmark of our service so personal play time with a staff member is provided in one of our 30-foot fenced yards. To wear off some energy or alleviate some stiffness, your pet can enjoy a session in the underwater treadmill. Older or less-active pets are offered holding and brushing time. Our feline guests enjoy playtime in the ‘kitty tree house’. Premium grooming services are available to be scheduled during your pet’s visit. Whatever your pleasure, feel free to discuss it with our helpful staff.
Peace of mind is essential when you leave you companion with us therefore, we are pleased to offer the services of our fully equipped veterinary hospital and staff for medical emergencies or services. Dietary requirements, injectable medications, and/or health needs are handled with compassion and expertise. Boarding pets stay in a separate area away from hospitalized animals. We have a ventilation system designed to move airflow directly out of the building which protects pets from airborne viruses and contact illness.
Requirements for boarding may include:
- Pre-Entry Exam - given at the time your pet enters our facility. If fleas or ticks are found your pet will be treated prior to entering the boarding unit.
- Vaccinations - current vaccination records must be presented upon initial check-in and will be kept on file for future reference (Dogs require Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, and Bordetella; Cats require Rabies, Feline Distemper, Upper Respiratory Complex, and Feline Bordetella).
- Check-Out - a full day is charged for the day your pet arrives; if picked up by 1:30pm on the departure date, there will be no charge for that day.
Boarding Drop-Off & Pick-Up Times
Monday through Friday: 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - noon
Sunday (pick-up only): 4 - 5:30 pm